Only you can give the gift of life to your child. By considering adoption, you can also give the long-term gift of a stable home and loving family. We understand the range of emotions and many decisions you now face. Choosing adoption is unselfish and requires deep love for your child and respect for yourself. As the birthparent, you make the earliest decisions about your child’s future.
“Not only was she there to help with the paperwork, but she also listened to my feelings, my worries and my fears. She helped make the hardest decision of my life a little easier.” K. R., Birth Parent
Tips for Birth Parents
Upon contacting the agency, we will designate a counselor who will get to know you, work to understand your unique situation, and help you explore all possible options. Additionally:
- We will assist you with finding resources for your living expenses including rent, utilities, food and clothing as allowed by Wisconsin law.
- We can assist you with transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, in most instances. We will assist you with medical expenses including prenatal care, hospital and delivery charges.
- We will handle all legal and adoption procedures at no cost to you.
- We will be there for you throughout your pregnancy and the placement of your child. Birth parent counseling will continue to be provided by our adoption counselors or a referral to another counseling agency can be provided to you.
- We can contact or assist with informing the birth father and other family members of your decision and help them understand the adoption process.
- We conduct a detailed screening process for prospective adoptive parents to ensure that you have the best families from which to choose.
- We can assist you in determining the level of openness you wish to have with the adoptive family that you choose to parent your child.