Adoption Choice, Inc.’s
Birth Parent Scholarship Program
Thanks to the Heart of Canal Street program, through Potawatomi Hotel and Casino, our agency was able to offer an opportunity for birth parents to further their education. At this time, no further funds are available. Check back in the future for additional funds, as they become available.
Adoption Choice, Inc. believes in the value of education and wants to assist birth mothers and birth fathers in attaining their educational goals. Whether you desire to attend a 4-year college, a 2-year technical school, a certificate program or finish your General Educational Diploma, this program is available to you if you have placed a child for adoption through Adoption Choice, Inc.
Please Note: Every birth mother or father should understand that choosing adoption for your child does not guarantee a scholarship will be available. The number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship awarded each year, vary depending on the number of applicants and funds available.
Criteria for Adoption Choice, Inc. Scholarship Application
1. Applicant must be a birth parent that has placed a child for adoption through Adoption Choice, Inc.
2. Applications and supporting material must be received, if possible, three months prior to the start of classes to ensure processing. The scholarship recipients will be notified by mail, and the scholarship will be sent to the school noted on your application for the next term. In most cases, funds are paid directly to the educational institution, however, can be paid to the birth parent in rare circumstances, depending on situation and documentation.
3. The applicant must apply for the scholarship. Applications cannot be accepted from a third party.
4. Applications require proof of part-time or full-time enrollment or the intention of enrollment in an educational institution or trade school in to qualify. This could include:
· Notification from the registrar’s office
· Class schedule that includes your name and ID number
· A letter or acceptance from your school, or a letter of acceptance to an institution or trade school
Prior to funds being disbursed, verification of enrollment must be received.
5. Applicants must have a current C, 2.5, (or higher) grade point average.
We must have verification of the placement for adoption from the adoption professional that handled the adoption, such as a copy of the Termination of Parental Rights.
Limited funds are available for each calendar year. All applications will be processed in the order they are received. Applications will be taken until funds are dispersed for the year.
At this time, all funds have been disbursed. Check back in the future for additional funds.
An additional Birth Parent Scholarship Program is available through Lifetime Adoption Foundation.
For further information, go directly to the website here.