As many of you know, the Adoption Tax Credit (ATC) is vulnerable and may be eliminated as part of tax reform – and we need your help to save it. Join us as we work to keep the pressure on Congress to save the credit that makes it possible for all families to adopt.
Now is the time for you to tell your story, and let your legislators know what the Adoption Tax Credit has meant for you and your family. Your voice matters – legislators will only #SaveTheATC if they understand the real-world impact and feel that their constituents support it.
Here are 8 easy steps to share your story directly with your Members of Congress!
- Click here. Using your phone or computer with a camera:
- Click Send Video. A new window will pop up – click Make a Video.
- The camera will turn on, and you’re ready to record! Click the red button to start recording.
- When you’re done telling your story, click the red button again to stop recording.
- Review your video to make sure it’s what you want, and re-record if you want to make any changes.
- Click Send Video Message – and you’re done!
- Enter your info or log in with Facebook – it will ask you if your zip code is correct. Click confirm to send the message to your Members of Congress!
- Click the Facebook and Twitter buttons to share immediately with others and encourage them to take action too!
- The adoption tax credit made adoption possible for me and my family. Watch my story here [LINK] #SavetheATC #taxreform
- For me and thousands of families, the adoption tax credit made adoption possible. Watch my story here [LINK] #SavetheATC #taxreform
Sample Facebook Post:
Without the adoption tax credit, I would not have been able to bring home my child[ren]. Watch my story here! [LINK]. Please join me and tell Congress we must save this credit! #SavetheATC #taxreform
Voice for Adoption