General Adoption and Parenting
Featured: New Parents Academy
Adoption Choice, Inc. is an affiliate with New Parents Academy, which offers a unique parenting course specifically designed for adoptive parents! Not only can families obtain helpful information and knowledge, but a portion of the fee also comes back to Adoption Choice, Inc. to support our programs! Follow this unique link to review and purchase the course.
- The Coalition for Children, Youth and Families (http://www.wiadopt.org/) is an organization that receives funding from the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families to provide information about adoption to prospective adoptive parents, social workers and the general public.
- The Wisconsin Adoption and Permanency Support programs ( https://wisapsp.org/) provide education, support services and activities to adoptive families. There are several locations throughout the state of Wisconsin.
- OURS Through Adoption (http://www.oursthroughadoption.org/) is a non-profit organization providing assistance and information about the unique challenges of adoption.
- Adoptive Families, (www.adoptivefamilies.com)the award-winning national adoption magazine, is the leading adoption information source for families before, during, and after adoption.
- Considering Adoption: (www.consideringadoption.com) an informative website, hosted by American Adoptions, that contains an abundance of information for both adoptive parents birth parents on the topic of adoption.
- UMOJA (http://www.umojabhe.org/) is an organization that works to empower transracial families to raise children who will have a positive black identity and will feel comfortable in all different cultures.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway(www.childwelfare.gov) is a website that contains extensive information on adoption for both adoptive parents and birth parents.
- Wisconsin Family Ties (http://www.wifamilyties.org/) is a statewide, nonprofit organization run by families for families that include children and adolescents with social, emotional or behavioral challenges.
- Adoption.com (http://www.adoption.com/) contains information for adoptive parents as well as birth parents regarding the adoption process.
- www.ParentToolkit.com This website provides resources to help parents participate in their child’s academic success and personal growth. There are grade by grade academic benchmarks, guides to parent-teacher conferences, a health and wellness section, tips for parents and more.
- USCIS (http://www.uscis.gov/) is the United States Citizen and Immigration Services website. This website provides extensive information on the regulations of international adoption.
- The United States Department of State website provides information on the intercountry adoption process as well as information on various countries. Click here to find out more information.
- The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (www.dcf.wisconsin.gov) can provide information on adoption in the State of Wisconsin.
- Resolve (www.resolve.org) is an national organization that provides information and support services relevant to infertility.
- Infertility Resources (www.ihr.com/fertility) contains a wealth of well-organized information to guide you through the often daunting labyrinth of infertility — from the first steps of wondering when, and if, to seek help — to diagnosis and treatment.