Once you have explored the adoption programs of Adoption Choice, Inc., there are a few steps you can take as prospective adoptive parents:
- Become familiar and knowledgeable about open adoption
- Develop an awareness that the domestic adoption process will vary depending on the wishes of the birth parents
- Begin to think about what you wish to include in your parent profile which will be viewed by birth parents
- Children placed for domestic adoption come from all ethnic backgrounds. The more open you are to bi-racial, as well as African American and Hispanic infants, the shorter the wait time will be.
- Talk with friends or relatives who have adopted children
For International Adoptions, also consider these additional points:
- Assess your personal background, including travel experiences, cultural perspectives, family needs, personal tastes, and long term goals.
- Select and learn more about the nation or region from which you wish to adopt.
- Research and select a placing agency. Adoption Choice, Inc. can conduct international home studies for most countries.
Visit our Support Services page for additional resources.