The following resources are designed to assist expectant parents or birth parents in their exploration of adoption:
- Birth Parent Support Group: (see attached flyer) Open to anyone who has placed a child for adoption. Meetings are currently be held via Zoom Video Conferencing.
- Amstel Life (http://amstel-life.blogspot.com/) is a blog written by Amy, a woman who placed her daughter for adoption at age 18 years and continues to have an open relationship with her daughter and the adoptive family more than 8 years later.
- Birthmothers 4 Adoption (http://www.birthmothers4adoption.blogspot.com/) is a blog written by Jessalyn, a birth mother who placed her child for adoption.
- Life After Placing (http://www.birthmomstories.blogspot.com/) is a blog written by Amanda, a birth mother who placed her child for adoption.
- On Your Feet Foundation (www.oyff.org) honors and values the choices birthparents have made to place their children for adoption, helps birthparents become self-sufficient and provides support and community after placement.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway(www.childwelfare.gov) is a website that contains extensive information on adoption for both adoptive parents and birth parents.
- Virtual Birth Parent Support Group-Eau Claire area. You can register for these Zoom support groups here.
- Wisconsin Birth Parent Support Group Network-Facebook Group. This is a private group where you can connect with other birth parents and counselors for support and discussion. Link to request membership in Facebook group here.