Should I Place My Baby for Adoption?
Thinking of Placing your child for adoption?
Thinking of placing your child for adoption can bring up a range of emotions. You might be wondering whether this is the right thing to do for you and your child, how you will feel, and how your child might feel about your decision.
You never have to make a decision alone.
Talking through your feelings with family, friends, the birth father, or one of our adoption counselors often helps to answer your questions and get a clearer picture of how you are feeling during this time. While talking to others may feel like you are already making a decision, keep in mind that this decision is up to you. You don’t have to have all the answers right away. The most important thing is to consider all of your options so you can make the best decision for you and your child.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you consider all of your options
- Can I handle the physical and emotional stresses of pregnancy and parenting a child?
- How would parenting my child impact my life?
- Am I ready to be a parent right now?
- Can I afford to support a child? How will I pay for rent, clothing, food, diapers, and other living expenses?
- What do I want for my child and is that something that I can provide? Is there someone else that would be able to provide for my child?
- How would parenting impact my relationships with my family and friends?
- What are my goals for the future? How does parenting or adoption impact those goals?
- How will I feel knowing my child is with someone else?